Wednesday, October 15, 2014

catskills



This time last week I was waking up
at my favorite campsite in the Catskill Mountains of New York.


The previous night's walk around Little Pond.


Another Henslowe Shawl in the works,
this one is made with naturally dyed merino from the region.


A cold night with touches of frost the next morning.


Morning coffee


I sat on a small suspension bridge and knitted for a while.

The night was full of visitors as the moon was just a day from being full.
Two types of owls called, mice jumped and tried to burrow under my tent,
a fox answered the coyotes howl/bark at the moon and a raccoon tried desperately
to crawl into my tent with me!  The bears stayed away.

xo, j

1 comment:

  1. I wish I was there to do this with you. Seems so peaceful and serene!!

    ReplyDelete